Saturday, March 5, 2016
Hayward Duplex $498,888
Total 3bedrooms, 3bathrooms:
Rear 2bed 2bath
Front 1bed 1bath
Enjoy the flexibility of owning a Duplex:
Live in 1 or both units
Rent out 1 or both units.
Perfect distance to everything. Not too close. Not too far.
Quiet street since neighbors generally can just walk to the nearby shopping and restaurants on the other side of Hesperian.
A short drive to get on the freeway, yet you cannot hear the freeway from your property.
Open House Sunday 10am-Noon
Thursday, March 3, 2016
I received this email from SILVAR:
Call for Action!
Stop Rent Control in Mountain View
Call it “rent stabilization,” call it “binding arbitration,” call it whatever you want, it is still the City of Mountain View deciding how much a property owner is allowed to raise rents. This is bad for our community and bad for business!
Come tell the City Council NO to binding arbitration in Mountain View!
Tuesday, March 15
6:30 p.m. until late
500 Castro Street, Mountain View - City Council Chambers
In late 2015, the Mountain View City Council voted against rent control. They did, however, vote to “look at” what a binding arbitration program would be like. Now staff has completed the proposed ordinance. See how bad it is:
Binding arbitration IS rent control!
· The City will determine by what percent a property owner can raise rents every year. This is an arbitrary number picked by the council.
· The City will ban raising rents more than once in a 12-month period, regardless of a property owner’s business needs.
· It will only apply to three or more unit buildings built before February 1, 1995. The City would be placing the responsibility for affordable housing on owners of older properties.
· If a property owner raises rents twice in a year, or above the amount set by the City Council, or if there is a different rental dispute, the tenant can take the property owner to voluntary mediation followed by binding arbitration. The property owner must then prove to the arbitrator that the rent increase was “reasonable.”
Binding arbitration is bad for Mountain View!
· The City has not said how much it will cost, but “fees” paid by property owners will fund the program. Adopting a program without knowing the financial impact on property owners is wrong.
· It is unclear who the arbitrators will be, and there is no requirement they have any experience in rental housing issues.
· The Ordinance does not even say for how long the arbitrator’s decision will apply!
· The City already adopted a mandatory long-term lease program (“Right to Lease Ordinance”) and has not given it enough time to see what impacts it will have on the housing market.
Contact Government Affairs Director Jessica Epstein at firstname.lastname@example.org or (408) 200-0108 if you have questions or are planning on attending the meeting.
Boundaries Determined for Central Park and Pomeroy Elementary Schools of the Santa Clara Unified School District
Boundaries Determined for Central Park and Pomeroy Elementary Schools
Central Park Elementary School will re-open in Fall 2016 and serve as a public neighborhood school. Creating attendance area boundaries for the new school affects the attendance area boundaries of Pomeroy Elementary School.
After seeking and considering input from the Pomeroy Elementary School community on the proposed boundary options being considered by the Board of Education, the decision below was reached.
At the November 12 Santa Clara Unified School District board meeting, the Board of Education voted on the final school attendance area boundaries for Central Park Elementary School and Pomeroy Elementary School, selecting boundary option 3 (pictured below and on the school district website). The new boundaries take effect in the 2016-2017 school year.
The Board also voted to allow grandfathering for students currently enrolled (in the 2015-2016 school year) and their incoming siblings, if the older student is currently enrolled at Pomeroy Elementary School. Current enrollees wishing to be grandfathered must do so beginning with the 2016-2017 school year. Enrollment for the 2016-2017 school year begins on January 13, 2016. Additional information will be sent to the parents of current Pomeroy Elementary School students through the school.
Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Hayward Duplex For Sale $498,888. Collect rental income as your duplex appreciates in value.
Century 21 M&M and Associates
BRE # 01716389
Century 21 M&M and Associates
BRE # 01716389